Sunday, November 28, 2010

SPoT sattelite tracker during trip

Thanks to my good friend Kim, I will be carrying a personal sattelite tracker that will ping my location to the cloud every 10 minutes. Unlike my phone, this little device uses sattelite technology, so I won't be dependent on AT&T. That's a good thing. If trouble strikes, I can hit the help button and it will text both Kim and Beth, asking them to send roadside assistance to my exact location. If real trouble strikes, I press the recessed 911 button and someone will magically call for emergency services. So, if you're interested, and all goes as planned, you can follow my progress here.

Thanks also to Emily who provided tech support on this. She used this device on her xc Ninja 250 trip last spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment